Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Tuesday, June 27th, 2023

I was cold today. The air was 56° and the water 54°, so I should have been more comfortable than I was. I guess it was just my day to be chilled. I set out at 7 AM and picked a course that I figured would be a solid 4000M.  At 4,737M it was a bit more solid than my goal but I had a nice swim and had an opportunity to sort out what I was doing with my head that was making my shoulders ache.  
No, the thing with my head wasn't my too approximate route planning. I was lifting my head, not keeping the top of my head pointing at the horizon, which jams up my neck and makes my shoulders ache.  

There wasn't any thick plankton today and only a slight swell. The swimming was real nice. I did see a couple of groups of pelicans so the bait fish must be arriving along the Central Coast.  With some sun and warmer water it would start feeling like summer.      
 



As a nice bonus after I got out, Duke walked up to me as I was getting my stuff out of my car. We've spoken but I haven't seen him in some time.  He looked good and had a nice smile. His shoulder is keeping him from swimming but he is riding and is busy with work. 

I'll swim Thursday at 7.

niel

No comments: