Thursday, March 10, 2022

Thursday, March 10th, 2022

 It Is Still Windy Out There

In the last week the weather at Avila has become very sneaky. The early mornings are sunny and calm with an air temperature of about 50°, the water in the lower 50's, 53° today, the water is nice and clear and the conditions look flat and promising a nice relaxing swim. The wind must already be blowing over the hills on the west facing beaches because 30 minutes later I'm in very physical choppy conditions, slugging it out with the whitecaps with any thoughts of a relaxing, meditative swim replaced with 'you need to just do the work'.  
Tom got in at 8:50 and I at 9, we swam different routes. 
I'm not sure how, but Tom found me near the end of the Avila PIer.


Jodi and I will swim at 8 on Saturday and we will see what the ocean gods have planned for us. 

niel

No comments: