Tuesday, March 1, 2022


 Windy

I arrived at Avila early and got in at 7:45. Duke is still on sick leave, Tom was late arriving, he was driving in as I was leaving, there was some stuff on the beach where Sue usually leaves her gear when I was getting out so she might have been in the water. There was no chance of picking out a swimmer from the chop.

It was warm, 54°, and not too windy when I got in but things were just getting started. The water was 53° and there was still some big fellas among the regular sized surf.  My plan (hah!) was to do two easy triangles and have a nice swim.  The wind kept getting stronger so each leg was more of a challenge than the last. Swimming parallel to the beach on my way back to my starting place was the only leg where things smoothed out. 

I was stung on my hand by something. I briefly saw something like a piece of kelp and then a bee sting on my finger.  That's a first for me. 

All of this and a 40% chance of showers Thursday and Friday. 

I'll swim Thursday morning at 8.

niel


No comments: