Thursday, March 17, 2022

Thursday, March 17th, 2022


I got in at about 8. The water felt colder than the 53.5° I had measured. Tom texted that his internal thermometer said 53°. Compared to Tuesday I took a bit longer to get comfortable, began pushing my pace to get warm and didn't stop to take any photos. The air temp was 49° and there was an offshore wind so it got bumpy towards the end of the Cal Poly Pier. The surf was a lot like Tuesday, maybe smaller and with a bit less energy, not worthy of the advisory NOAA has posted. The west facing beaches were probably a different story.

Today's route was just something that popped into my head before I got up to go to the beach. Something about swimming out to the end of the Avila Pier and turning around seemed intriguing. That's all I needed for a plan.

Tom's truck told me that he was there but we managed to share the ocean this time and to not run into each other.

NOAA is predicting RAIN for Saturday. That would be great. I'm planning on swimming at 8 on Saturday unless it has been raining enough to make me concerned about the water quality. Jodi, I'll text you at 7:15 about what I'm doing. 


niel     

No comments: