Thursday, March 3, 2022

Thursday, March 3rd, 2022

It were high thin clouds with the usual early morning offshore breeze. The water was up to 54°, so we are back in the 'normal' temperature range for winter. It did feel more comfortable than the 51° to 53° of the last week. The weather was definitly changing. With the change the waves were up and there is a hazardous surf warning for tonight through Saturday night. This morning the biggest waves were in the 6'+ range.     
I got in on the right side of the pier at 7:35 at a spot where the waves were smaller and did a CP Pier and Reef Buoy loop with an more offshore than usual leg from the end of the end of the CPP to the reef buoy. I could say this was intentional, to make up the distance for where I go in but actually I was in my head and wandering over the ocean.


This could be me at the end of the Cal Poly Pier pretending to be a dinosaur seconds before the big comet hit, the last image taken before the big wipeout, or just a photo with a drop of water on the lense in an opportune location.


The predicted amounts of rain between now and Saturday are small, a 1/4" to 1/2", and should not be enough to dirty up the water, so I'll be back Saturday morning at 8, rain or shine. 


niel
 

No comments: