Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Tuesday, March 29th, 2022

 The air temp was 47°, the water 55°, it was sunny, not windy but there was a large post storm swell out of the SE. The swell was so long that I needed to look at the pier to see the water moving 4' vertically on the pilings.  A strange thing about swells like these is that for all of the energy in the water they don't create larger waves at the beach.  Someday I'll find someone who can explain this.

It had rained an inch or more Sunday night through Monday and the creeks may have dirtied up so I planned a route that stayed well away from the creek mouth.  


The blue plot of my pace looks at lot like the surface of the water. 


At the end of the Cal Poly Pier modeling proper attire for
 swimming in water with a potential bacteria problem.

Spoke briefly with Tom as I was heading in the 'buoy line' and he and Sue were heading out for a lap around the Avila Rock.

I'll be back at 8 on Thursday.

niel    

No comments: