Thursday, March 24, 2022

Thursday, March 24th, 2022

 


Thursday began with a bit of a change in the weather from Tuesday. Avila Beach had fog thick enough to prevent me from seeing most of the Avila Pier. A route closer to shore would be today's plan. 

While I was measuring the water temperature I got these pictures of Tom and Sue getting in and heading towards the end of the Avila Pier. I had spoken to Tom earlier and he said that he would swim the 'buoy line' with loops out and around the pier instead of going under.  
The wind had died down and the water temperature was up to 54°. The air temp was 46°. I've found that foggy, sunless conditions like today depress the perceived water temperature by a degree or two. Tom of the sleeveless wetsuit thought the water was 51°. I have more neoprened idea of the water temperature than Tom so it felt like 53° to me.    


I got in at about 9:15 and started out along the route that Tom had proposed, thinking that we would encounter each other, but I never saw them.  Maybe they got our at the end of the beach and hung out at Kraken Coffee for an hour..... ;-)

By 10 the fog was lifting so I finished by swimming a triangle around the pier.

I'll be back at 8 on Saturday morning. Jodi and Sue should be there and I hope Tiki will be too. This weekend will be our last chance to see her for a while because her April weekends will be consumed by the Lifeguard Academy.


niel



No comments: