Saturday, January 22, 2022

Saturday, January 22nd, 2021

Loop de Loop 


Avila Beach was clear and still, 38° with small waves and an almost flat 55° ocean.  A beautiful morning for a swim. Jodi, Niel, Leslie and Tiki got in just after 8 AM. We planned to do the same route that I did on Thursday, the two big triangles, and if I felt as good at 3,200M as as I did Thursday I would do another lap for 5K.
At the end of the first lap Leslie's foot was bothering her so she went in. Tiki got out at the end of the second lap (3,300M).  Jodi and I swam to the end of the Avila Pier where she went in and I completed the lap for 5,000M, and then decided that I might as well swim around the pier and made my swim 5,882M.

Tom and I did a swim encounter near the east end of the buoy line. I was heading in he was on his way over to the Cal Poly Pier. 
  
When I got out it had warmed up nicely and still wasn't windy so getting changed was pleasant.
 
Jodi, Duke and I, along with anyone else who shows up will swim tomorrow for a 11 o'clock.


niel       

No comments: