Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday, August 27th, 2022

More great swimming conditions today; No sharky signs, an air temp. of 57°, the water is holding at 60° with gray overcast/fog, no wind and very flat seas.  I got in just before 8. 

The view at 9AM from the end of the Avial Pier.
Even with lane lines, a pool won't be much flatter than this. 
I decided to do a YoYo on the left side of the pier for 3,750M. For this version I "start" at the first buoy and swim to the end of the pier and back to the same buoy.
I'd then swam east along the buoy line to number 2 and repeat, then 3 & 4 and back along the buoys to the pier. The right side is pretty close to the same distance.  

Two Pale Kai boats were heading out when I was at the end of the Avila Pier for the last time.

For some reason I got cold today. I waited until the end of my swim to measure the water temp. because I was sure that the water would be 57°, maybe less.  I started shivering at the showers but warmed up quickly as soon as I got dressed.  This was strange for me at these temperatures.  
 
Pat and I and whoever wishes to join us will swim tomorrow morning at 8 instead of the usual 11.


niel





No comments: