Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thursday, August 4th, 2022

The surf was still up but was more like 4' instead of 5'. At 7:45 when I got in it looked like the clouds were breaking but it became more overcast as I was swimming until it was completely gray when I got out. There was still some swell and chop out of the SW and there were areas of red brown water. The air temperature was 62° and the water was 61°. 

A lap around the Avila Rock sounded nice so I headed out and turned left.
I went around the rock clockwise this time. 
I've had it in my head that this swim was a mile and a half but maybe 
that was from per-Garmin days.   

Me, the rock and some pelicans.

Compare the two photos and you can get a sense of the size of the swell.

Tom got in at 10:30 so we missed each other today.

I'll swim Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11. 
You have to enjoy the warm water while it lasts.

niel 


No comments: