Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022

 

Sunshine turns gray with the warmest water temperature so far this year. 

Today's stats were: air temp, 61°; water temp, 17°C/62.6°F; no wind; that big swell that has been talked about for days showed with 5' +/- waves in the big sets; stinky water inside the break and clear skies and a nice sunrise at 7AM but the clouds/fog moved in so by 8 is was all gray. 

I did the right side YoYo starting from the end of the pier, so I swam out to the end of the pier, did my route and swam back in along the pier.  An interesting way to do 2+ miles and not feel like I went much of anywhere.

I was bummed that I waited to take pictures of the sunrise and had it turn all gray..
 
Idling out at the end of the Avila Pier I estimated that the peaks and troughs of the swells were marking 5 feet on the pilings. Just like winter I could really feel the swells at the buoy line and after swimming in another 50M I waited for the gap in the sets before coming in.

I didn't see Tom but he sway a loop out, over to and back from the CPP.

I'll be getting in between 7:30 and 8 on Thursday.

niel

No comments: