Sunday, February 19, 2023

Sunday, February 19th, 2023

 Avila put on a perfect early summer day for all of the President's Day tourists, and there were a lot of them. Parking, traffic and the number of people on the beach all reminded me of summer, including the long line of cars that were still heading toward Avila at 1:15 when I was leaving.

I got in at 11. The air temperature was 70°. It was sunny and clear with only a slight breeze. There was a small short period swell out of the SW that was much stronger once I was out beyond the end of the Avila Pier.  The water temperature was 10°C/50°F and with the strong sun and warmer air temperature it felt more than a degree warmer than yesterday. 
From the end of the Avila Pier I did a tour of the Cal Poly Pier and then a lap around the reef buoy. The legs over to and along the CPP were across the swell and then behind me for a nice push back to the Avila Pier and the reef buoy. 

The beach and Front Street were crowded and there was a line at the showers, just like summer.

Afterwards it felt wonderful on the beach getting warm and lazy and seeing who was going to regret trying to get their summer tan on all in one day.

I'll swim at 7 on Tuesday.

Tom's Swim Report:

I swam today. Saw you going out as I was coming in. I thought it was 50° today. Water and day were beautiful.  

niel  

No comments: