Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thursday, February 9th, 2023

Thursday was very much like Tuesday, but with more wind.  At 7:00 it was clear with an offshore breeze and 40°. There was an occasional 3 to 4 foot wave but most of the surf was 2 to 3 foot. The water temperature was 10.5°C/50.8°F.      


I set out on a course that I thought would be a different way to do 3200M +/-, but it turned out to be 4,067M.  The wind was offshore and the chop was a bit more pushy which was confirmed by looking at Tuesday's log vs today's. Today's swim was 24M shorter but took about 6 minutes longer. I think today's route had me spending more time swimming against the chop.     
I swam to the end of the Avila Pier, to the Second Crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier, to the end of the CPP, to the end of the Avila Pier, to the Third Crossbars on the CPP and in to the beach.
You can't read it but I'm showing my STAND WITH UKRANE cap that Sue gave me.
She created these for a fundraiser 

Tom's Report - 
Beautiful day of swimming. It felt warmer to me today than Tuesday. So, 10.5 sounds about right. The water was pretty smooth, although there was a slight bump to it. all in all a good day of swimming. 

I'll be back at about 7 on Saturday morning for another go.

niel

No comments: