Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

I got in at 7:10 this morning. The air temperature was 38°, the water was 10°C/50°, the waves were small and that lumpy SW swell is still with us. There were high thin clouds and it felt like the weather was changing.  The breeze was offshore and by 8 o'clock the Custom House was firing up their grill so the whole ocean smelled like bacon grease.  😝     

As usual, I'd made up a suitably interesting route last night, pondered if it would be at least 3200M and gave it a go this morning. I was only 1000M off.  It was a cold swim but it didn't feel as cold as the 49° on Sunday.  So much of that is mental. 


I spoke with Phil Costanzo when I was at the showers. He is a lifeguard and the guards are starting their training now to be in shape for when Jr. Guards starts in June.  

Tom's Swim Report - 

My Tuesday swim coordinates are: 56° air temperature when I got in at 10 o'clock, 9.5° water temperature based on my toes, face, hands and arms, excellent water clarity, solid marine layer, and a bumpy chop. A good morning swim. 

Looking at the weather report, I'm not sure about Thursday. NOAA says rain with wind gusts to 25 mph and an air temp of 51°. I'll see if that sounds like fun Thursday morning.


niel 

 

No comments: