Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday, August 15th, 2024

Today was another morning of thick fog at Avila Beach. The air temp was 51°.Tom's toes were not available so I measured the water with my thermometer and read 57°. It felt coldish at the start but more comfortable later. The water was glassy with a small swell that didn't put up a push and the 'surf' was 1 to 2 foot which made very nice swimming conditions.  


Visibility was about 70% of the way to the next buoy.

I decided to swim the buoy line. Two laps of the buoys would be short of two miles so I took a leg around the pier instead of passing under to make sure that I made my 3,200 goal.  I managed that and a bit more. 

On my first trip down the buoy line I wandered into the surf line but otherwise I managed to keep a good line. During the second lap the sun was able to make a brighter spot in the fog which helped. 

With no hydration or calories along two hours is about when my tank gets empty, so this worked out nicely.

There really wasn't anything to take a photo of that would not look like the inside of a gray sock. 

I'll swim Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11. 


niel           

No comments: