Thursday, August 1, 2024

Thursday, August 1st, 2024

 Cold and Bumpy -   

Today is August 1st and the water temperature was 53°. The water is usually around 60° at this point in the summer. The water temperature had been falling for a week and in spite of what Tom's toes were telling him I was trying to will the water back to a normal summer temp in the high 50's.
I was cold while swimming Tuesday and decided to bring my winter weight wetsuit today, was glad of it and didn't feel a bit wimpy. 

At 6:45 Avila was foggy, gray, still and 53°. The surf was 2+ feet and the water glassy. I waded in, felt the chill and decided to do two triangles.   
 

Half way into the swim things got bumpy. The wind had not come up and the bumps didn't build up to much before I was done. Tom had some real swell and chop yesterday, so maybe the bumps were from a storm somewhere. 

I'm swimming Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11.

niel  

No comments: