Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Tuesday, April 27th, 2021

At 8 AM Avila Beach was pure springtime, sunny, clear, cloudless and calm, with an air temperature of 44° and the water at 49.5°. The water was nice and clear and the surf was 1 to 2 foot. I was by myself and was feeling the need for some kind of a push so I selected a course that would be around 3200M and swam it with just one stop for a photo. The ocean can be so nice that way, the water to yourself with no lane lines, no turns and three 600M to 700M legs between navigation points.    


I stopped at the end of the C.P. Pier for a photo.
The end of the Avila Pier is behind my left ear.

I was so focused on getting done that I swam right past Tom Lorish as I rounded the end of the Avila Pier and headed for the beach.

I'll swim at 8:45 on Thursday.

niel

No comments: