Saturday, July 31, 2021

Saturday, July 31st. 2021

Tom, Jodi and Niel swam this morning. We started at different times and each did our own route.  When I was out on the Avila Pier taking the water temperature I saw Jodi doing her laps of the left side buoy line and Tom on his leg from the reef buoy to the end of the Cal Poly PIer. Jodi did about 3500M and I never spoke to Tom so I do not know what route he swam. I had planned a shorter version of the 5000 M over to the CP Pier and back route. I would come back directly to the Avila Pier and in from there. This turned out to be only 500M shorter than the full 5K, not the 4000M I was expecting.

The swimming conditions were very good with high clouds that would break up at about 10, a 61° air temperature and a 60° water temperature. Around 10 the wind was up enough to push up a chop out of the SW.   

Jodi and I crossed paths along the east side of the buoy line. 

My route. My shortened route wasn't shorter by much.

Jodi is going to start at about 8 tomorrow with a friend on a SUP and try for a swim in the 7000M range. She has plans for a Three Martini in the near future.

The Three Martini route starts by swimming out along the 'stem', the Avila Pier, then three times around the 'glass,' the triangle made by the end of the Avila Pier, the end of the Cal Poly Pier and Avila Rock off of Fossil Point, then back in along the stem. This swim is about 10.5 to 11 kilometers. Jodi will be the seventh person and the first woman to swim this route.

Duke and I will be on the beach tomorrow morning and in the water at 11.   

niel

     

No comments: