Friday, July 30, 2021

Thursday, July 29th, 2021

Ah let's see if I can pull this together, this is Friday afternoon and this swim was Thursday morning. 

I arrived at about 8:45. Avila was cloudy and 61 degrees. The water was 59° and nice and clean with an occasional 3' wave.  tom was getting in ahead of me so we agreed that we would take the same route over to the Cal Poly Pier and hopefully meet up over there somewhere. I saw Tom heading east along the buoys when I was on the pier taking the water temperature and that was the last I saw of him. My plan was to do a loop as the plot shows, Tom was going to start the same way but when he got to the second crossbars he was going to double back along the route that he had taken. That would be somewhere between 4800 and 5000M for him. His is enough faster than I am that he was gone before I left.

On my way out of town I saw Peter Kelley walking towards the beach and stopped and had a visit. He is swimming about 30 minutes each day and recovering well from his hip replacement surgery.  



I'll be back on Saturday at about 9 o'clock.


niel 

No comments: