Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday, February 25th, 2022

 Make Up Swim


I didn't swim Thursday and early in the day it was too cold to ride so I went to Avila to swim. At 7:30 the air temp was 33° and the water was 51°.  There were two people in red and green caps who I didn't recognise swimming along the west side of the beach just behind the break so I figured I could swim too. It has been about a year since I swam in this combination of temperatures. The surf was small so it was easy to wade out.  I swam hard out along the pier and just decided to keep up that pace for what would be a shorter than usual distance. I had a great swim pushing the whole time. It felt warmer when I got out and it the showers at the lifeguard shack had been heated it would have been perfect!

I'll be back tomorrow at 8 AM. It should be a bit warmer.


niel

No comments: