Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022

 

It started to shower as I was approaching Avila Beach and was raining when I got in the water at 8. It never rained hard but showered on and off and had some sunshine in between. Tom was there at 9 and we both had a good time. The air temp was 43° but felt warmer, there was no wind, the water was 54°. It doesn't really show in the photo but there was a real mix of swells of different sizes and periods out of the south/southeast.  It was kind'a like swimming over a lumpy mattress. 

I felt a need to swim to the end of the Avila Pier. Once there I went to the end of the Cal Poly Pier, in along the pier, back to the west end of the 'buoy' line and to where I began. 

It was sunny when I got out and with only a little breeze so getting changed was comfortable. 

I'll be back Thursday at about 8:45. 

niel


No comments: