Thursday, February 17, 2022

I got in at 8 and Tom at about 9. We never saw each other but we did see our cars so we know we were there. Besides we'll be in the blog. 

At 8 it was 36°. At 9:30 it was 74°. All sunny with an offshore breeze and a mixed bunch of swells to make the swimming interesting. I measured a water temperature of 55° from the pier. There were colder and warmer spots out there. Tom with no sleeves estimated 53° to 54° so maybe a farmer john feels about two degrees colder than a full price wetsuit.

The swells put up quite a resistance as I swam out along the Cal Poly Pier, enough to cause me wonder if the had lengthened the pier and to consider reconsidering my swim plan. Things got easier after the turn and I stopped thinking about going short. The swells were not slapping my hands but they were sure torquing me around until it smoothed out as I was coming back to the Avila Pier along the buoy line. Somebody didn't put the lane lines in today!

I'll be back at 8 on Saturday.


niel
 

No comments: