Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Tuesday, February 15th, 2022


 Niel and Tom got in this morning. Duke was sitting out with back problems.

There was no fog at Avila, just patchy high clouds and an offshore wind. The same 2 to 3 foot surf and clean water.  A 47° ait temp and 56° water. I got in at 8 and Tom at 9. Tom and I met along the buoy line on the east side of the pier for a quick hello. I'll call this route the Buoy Line Triangle - Plus because I push the ends of the triangle out further and swim around the reef buoy which puts a lap over 1600M instead of the 14 - 1500M I'd cover if I stuck to last summer's buoy line. I do not know if the harbor district just drops the buoys kind'a where they usually are of if they use GPS. The placement seems somewhat random so maybe next summer's buoy line will be a mile.


Tom and I will be back on Thursday morning. I'll get in about 8:45 and Tom more like 9. Or if I see him on the beach we could swim together.


niel           

No comments: