Saturday, February 19, 2022

Saturday, February 19th, 2022

 


Out on the Avila Pier at 7:45 getting a 54.4° water temperature and checking out what the fog was doing.  Avila was a sunny but the fog was moving and our hole in the gray was getting smaller. The air temperature was 36° and the water was pretty flat with the usual small surf. 
Jodi and Niel decided to pull their proposed route in closer to shore, not go to the end of the Cal Poly Pier, and reduce the chance of getting fogbound. We did a loop around the Avila Pier and found that the fog had moved further offshore so we swam over to the second crossbars on the CPP, along the pier to the third crossbars, back to the end of the Avila Pier and in for 3816M. 
I was trying some new anti-fog on my goggles and was all over the ocean because it didn't work for spit (that is a brand hint). I'll try again tomorrow and if I'm still lost in my own fog I'll give the bottle to Duke because he likes the stuff.  


Niel and Jodi at our second stop at the end of the Avila Pier.

Jodi and I and hopefully Duke and Pat will be back to swim tomorrow at 11. 

niel

No comments: