Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday, February 20th, 2022

The Avila Dolphins were a bit thin on the ground (sand) today. Tom and I were the only yellow caps out there. Duke is out with a bad back, so was Jodi. Tiki, Stephanie, Leslie, Pat and David were MIA. I didn't see Maria and and Heidi sharing their usual muffin after their early morning swim, but the more wintery conditions weren't encouraging hanging out.  At the beach it was 56° with a solid gray sky, no sum and no warmth. No fog either but a hazy sun and a slight breeze. It was not sitting out weather but a fair number of holiday weekenders were making a brave attempt at a nice day at the beach in their coats. The water was 56° and almost glassy.       



Tom had gotten in about 9:30 and swam over to and about the Cal Poly Pier.

I decided to do a Poly Pier loop. 

I met up with my guard seagull at the reef buoy.


Spit Redeemed - 
I was pretty grumpy yesterday about my first experience with Quick Spit. My goggles fogged up immediately and I spent my entire swim in my own fog bank. No amount of rinsing or real spit would keep them clear. The manufacturer had provided two methods for applying Spit, so for today I tried the Other Uses option. What a difference!  Today my goggles were perfect, no fogging at all, just put them on and go. No rinsing, rubbing or fooling around. 
GH Sports carries it.        


I'll be back Tuesday morning at 8. 

niel


No comments: