Saturday, July 30, 2022

Saturday, July 30th, 2022

Tom and I both did Tom's Yo-Yo today. I got in at about a quarter to 8 and Tom at 9:15. I saw him slamming along near the third buoy on the left (east) side of the pier when I was getting in my car. He looked like he was having one of those days when it feels good to go hard. 
I also spoke to Jim, on the right side of the buoy line. His family has a vacation home here, he was or still is a member of the Dolphin Club in San Francisco and is getting back into ocean swimming. I hope to see more of him.
The air temperature was 56° and happily the water temp was up to 15.5°C/60°F.  It was calm, flat and glassy and the water had cleared up nicely.
Tom's Yo-Yo is swum by starting at the and of the Avila Pier and swimming to and back from the third and forth buoys on each side of the pier. 
Maybe Tom will figure out how to add Walking The Dog or Around The World to this route. 
Done with my swim and ready to head in along the pier.

I'll swim tomorrow at 11.

niel

1 comment:

Adam Langmaid said...

I'm visiting SLO this weekend from the East coast and would LOVE to OWS with folks. Is anyone planning on swimming this Saturday (8/6) AM?

If this isn't the best forum to check on meet ups, please let me know how, thanks!