Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Tuesday, July 12th, 2022

On Tuesday morning at 7AM there was a lot of flatness in Avila, flat still air, flat water and flat light because of the overcast, with and air temperature of 58° and a water temperature of 59.5° made was a nice opportunity to swim out to the Avila Rock.   
At one point on my way to the rock a lot of pelicans found what I was doing to be very interesting but I wasn't stirring up any food for them so they didn't keep with me for very long. 
After my swim on the way to my car I did see them on a bait ball out where they had been checking me out. 

At the rock with pelicans and the hills above Port San Luis in the background. 
I used my buoy (thank you Rhonda for the donation) for additional visibility on this swim as I wouldn't expect a fisherman to be keeping an eye out for a swimmer out here.  

Swinging around the north end of the rock.

I think Tom did the same swim at 9 today.

I'll be back on Thursday to swim at 9 with Tom.

I'll be out of town this weekend and won't be swimming on Saturday or Sunday.

niel



No comments: