Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Tuesday, July 5th, 2022

 



Post holiday normalcy was returning to Avila Beach this morning. I had not seen Mr. Egret since last week but things were mellow enough this morning for the crab and clam breakfast buffet to be open.  It was warmer than it has been, still and glassy with a 62° air temp and the water at 58°. I thought that it swam more like 55° - 56°.  Tom says 57° so his toes are better calibrated than mine. 

My back or hips had felt out of whack so I decided to do a therapy swim, up and down the buoy line, staying relaxed and working on my form. I felt great when I got out.
 
I did a road test of my Orca neoprene t-shirt under my leaky Patagonia 3.5/4.5 surf suit. It certainly made things warmer and didn't chafe but a total of 5mm in the sleeves made rotating my shoulders an unwelcome amount of work. I'll have to save that combination for the next time the water hits the sub 50's.


I'll swim Thursday at 7.

niel
 


No comments: