Saturday, March 25, 2023

Saturday, March 25th, 2023

Windy, Cold and Not Raining -

I got to Avila at 7:15 and got in at 7:30. It was sunny and clear with a strong offshore wind that was pushing a chop from the beach towards Vandenburg. The air temperature was 44° and the water was 9.5°C/49.2°F. The water looked pretty clean with just a hint of brown on the surface.  Thursday morning, just after the rain, even the white water was brown. 😝
The surf was 3 foot with occasional sets of 4 - 5 foot.
  
I thought about going over to the Poly Pier but decided to give the west side until Sunday or Tuesday to clean up more, so I swam down to the point and back. 

At Fossil Point.
My toes were already cold at this point, which matched what my thermometer was telling me. 9.5°C which was pleasing in a way because it matched what I was feeling. Looking back towards the Avila Pier I could see sets of bigger swells moving towards shore.  

The wind was laying down when I was at the showers which was nice. 


Tom's 9:45 AM swim report: blue skies and sunny. Air temperature was 53, and the water was 49. There was a slight breeze, along with a bit of a swell.  The swimming was excellent. Good to be back after all the rain

I'm swimming tomorrow at 11. Stephanie Popp is join to join me. She is living in SLO again and is ready to get back in the water. 
Rain is predicted for late Tuesday morning through Wednesday so I hope to get in early Tuesday morning. I'll be out of town and miss Thursday and Saturday. 

Starting in April I'll be doing less traveling and with more sunny skies I'm looking forward to be back to 4 days a week again. 

niel   

No comments: