Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday, March 9th, 2023

So beautiful, so cold.

I got in a bit after 7. It was 41°, clear and sunny with no wind. The ocean had a glassy surface with some swell and the surf was only 2 feet +/-. It looked like a wonderful morning for a swim.
I had decided to get over to the end of the Cal Poly Pier today. It had been long enough since the last rain the the water off of the mouth of SLO Creek should be nice and clean. By tomorrow the rain will have put a new load of bacteria into the creek which might last for another week.
There was some shock and awe when I started swimming. I would measure a water temperature of 9°C/48.2°F at the end of the CPP, and there were some colder spots, but it was beautiful out there today.  




Tom's Swim Report

Tom's Thursday swim report: glassy, calm water, Clear blue skies and sunny.  Gorgeous day at Avila. It was 56° air temperature when I got in at 9:45. The water remains 48°.  Beautiful swimming day, although I can only handle about 50 minutes at that temperature. Nevertheless, an excellent day swimming. 


With several inches of rain predicted for Friday/Saturday I do not expect to be back in the water until Tuesday.


niel   

No comments: