Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Tuesday, March 7th, 2023

I got in at 7. It was sunny, 37°, with a few small clouds and an offshore breeze that was chopping up the water's surface. The waves were 2 to 3 foot and the water was nice and clean, and COLD. I measured 49° out at the end of the Avilla Pier.  
I attempted to swim from the end of the Avila Pier to each of the swim buoys, which will not be back in the water until spring. I guessed at the locations, swam in until I was getting into the surf and got pushed around by the wind and chop.    


I felt extra cold today. I don't know why, it was just a day when I felt it more or didn't do as well keeping my mind on other things. 

I'm beginning to wonder how long the sub 50° water temperatures are going to last and if I should get some booties because my feet are freezing when I get out and is this extra cold water thing going to last until May? 

We are having a winter with unusually cold water temperatures and excessive amounts of rain and snow. I wonder if there is a connection?  


Tom's Tuesday coordinates for my Avila swim: air temperature was 55 when I got in at 9:50. As it has been for the past week and a half, the water was 48, 49 based on my toes. There was a breeze, and the water was very choppy.  The water was clean and clear. Very nice morning swim.   



I'll be back at 7 on Thursday morning. 


niel

No comments: