Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tuesday, October 12th, 2021

This is what Avila Beach looked like at 7:30 this morning. Clear and a bit breezy, you can see the ripples on the water. No big surf, just an occasional 3 to 4 footer. It was colder with a 43° air temperature and 55° water.   
 
There were two otters, looked like an adult and a pup, 
in the surfline enjoying the crab and clam buffet.  


Duke would do a 'Recovery U-Burner', meaning a sprint distance without the sprint part, and I would head out the buoys to the left, circle around the reef and head over to the CP Pier, then come back to the buoy line on the right side and back to the Avila Pier. .

I fatfingered my watch and didn't get it started so there is no plot of my swim.

When I was on my way to the end of the CP Pier I stopped off of the Avila Pier to see if I could spot Duke. He would be further inside and heading the other direction.   

And I found him way inside. The orange dot is Duke's cap 

At the end of the Cal Poly Pier. 

At the second crossbars where I turned back towards the buoy 
line on the west side of the Avila Pier.
I swam in along the buoys back to my starting place and in. This loop is 2 miles.

I saw Tom backstroking east along the left side of the buoy line.

The Wild Women will swim at 5PM on Wednesday. Meet up at the guard tower on the left of the pier. 

Duke and I will swim Thursday morning at 8:30.

niel

No comments: