Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thursday, April 20th, 2023

This was a cold one but I had a great swim.
At 7AM plus the air temp was 54°. It was clear with scattered high clouds and windy. There wasn't much of a chop but there was a nice swell from the SW.  The water temperature was 8°C/ 46.4°F so the full freeze effect is back.     

I swam the west buoy line, over to #2 on the CPP, then to Fossil Point and back to the east buoy line.

At Fossil Point. 


Tom's Thursday swim report: 

It was a beautiful morning at Avila when I arrived at 9:15. Blue skies with wispy clouds. The air temperature was in the low 60s. There was a breeze blowing from east to west, which was the reverse of Tuesday. So I'm thinking, the air from earlier in the week was going back to where it came from. Despite the breeze, there was only a slight wind bump on the water and a decent swell. The waves were peeling off nicely providing a fun ride for the long boarder in the picture. My toes report that the water temperature was a brisk 47°.  A beautiful morning swim.  I won't be swimming this weekend as I will be down in Los Angeles with the Cal poly women's water polo team for our league tournament at USC. Back on swimming on Tuesday.  

Saturday morning Stephanie, Pat and I are swimming at 6:30 so Pat can be in AG at 9.

I'll swim at 11 on Sunday.  


niel

No comments: