Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Tuesday, April 25th, 2023

 

I arrived a bit early and got in before 7. Avila had heavy overcast that was dropping down to become fog and lifting again. The air temp was 44°, the water was 49° and felt colder, especially on the east side. It looks like we are not done with the 40's just yet. There was no wind and the ocean was glassy with a nice rolling swell out of the S. Great swimming conditions, just too cold.   


Garmin seems to think that I wanted to go all steelhead and swim up the creek.  


niel




Tom's Tuesday morning swim report: what a difference a day makes… Yesterdays blue sky turned to gray, the minuscule swell picked up to about two or 3 feet, the smooth water surface turned bumpy, and the water temperature dropped one or 2°.  The air temperature was 52° when I arrived at 9:45 and it was foggy and gray.  My toe-mometer  told me the water temperature was 48 or 49… It felt particularly colder over on the west side. (I thought it was colder on the east side)  It was an excellent morning vitamin.  I will no longer be swimming on Thursdays as I now have a part-time job. I will be back on Friday.   

No comments: