Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday, April 16th, 2022

At 52° the water today was warmer but with the clouds and rain it swam like 50 - 51.  

It wasn't raining when Jodi and I got in at 8 and swam a route I'll call The Broken Martini. We swam along the beach to Fossil Point instead of to Avila Rock so the martini glass is lopsided and sort of broken and our distance was a couple of hundred meters short of the full Martini's 2.4 miles/3862M.  
The water is still really clear and felt a bit warmer than Thursday's 50° but that may have been because there was no wind today. There was always some rolling and lifting to the water but no chop.   
 



Niel and Jodi at the Cal Poly Pier 

Tom on his way out as Jodi and I were heading in.

As Jodi and I were walking up the beach we got to say a quick hi to Tiki as she was running back to the pier as part of the Lifeguard Academy.  Tiki, keep smiling and kick their butts!

I'll be back tomorrow at 11. Jodi and Pat may join me.

niel 


No comments: