Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday, April 19th, 2022

 

It was sunny, 57°, and calm at Avila Beach this morning. The water was up to 52.5°, three degrees warmer than last Thursday and without the wind and gray skies , so it was much more comfortable than last Tuesday. I tired to hold onto that thought when I started swimming and it still felt COLD.  When it arrives, 55° will feel almost relaxing.
At 8 o'clock the tide was a -1' and there was a lot more beach than we usually see. The 'swim' out to the gate on the pier was more of a stroll.  


I did a couple of sloppy triangles. The water was noticeably colder near the surf line. I have no idea why.  
After I got out I spoke to Tom on the beach. Neither of us will be swimming on this Thursday, I have a in person (!) meeting at 8 and Tom will be south for a water polo tournament. 

I'll be back Saturday at 8.


niel

No comments: