Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tuesday, April 26th, 2022

 


What a surprise. Before I left for the beach the wind at my house in San Luis Obispo was strong and gusty and clocking between 14 and 23 MPH, so I was expecting very windy swimming conditions this morning. But what do I know? Avila Beach was 54°, sunny and calm. The surface of the water was pretty messy from multiple swells of different sizes and directions. The water temperature was still 52°.  The surf was up a bit but nothing worthy of the NOAA High Surf Advisory. The west facing beaches were probably a different story. 

I decided to do a couple of big triangles which would give me eight different exposures to work with on that messy surface and take me past all eight of the No Boats/Swim Zone buoys. 

At the reef buoy on my way back. 

And just after that I met up with Tom between buoys 1 and 2.

I'll be back Thursday at 8.

niel 



No comments: