Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022

 


Springtime In Avila Beach -  At 8 AM it was clear, sunny and 61° with a strong and gusty NE breeze. I doubt that you can see it on your phone but the water was rippled up so it looked like corduroy. The low tide at 7:55 was .23 feet, which is really low. The swim out to the 'buoy' line was quite short.

I got in at 8 and decided to swim the length of the beach a couple of times, then changed my mind when I got to the east end of the beach and continued on until I was off of Fossil Point for a bit of an open water experience. 

Me and Fossil Point.
As soon as the water warms up a bit I think that we should arrange for 2 or 3 paddlers and do a group swim from Avila to Pirate's Cove, a 3 mile round trip. It has been several, maybe 4 or 5, years since the last one.   


9 o'clock and I'm handing off to Tom.

I've an early start to my day Thursday (a 7AM ZOOM meeting is just the wrong way to start your day) so I'll be getting in at 9 and clearing my head.

niel



No comments: