Sunday, April 17, 2022

Sunday, April 17th, 2022

Sunday was a lot like Saturday except for there being no rain and plenty of sunshine. At 10:30 the air temperature wsa 67°, there was a slight wind and the water was still 52° and very clear (for Avila Beach). I could see the bottom in about 10 feet of water. There were plenty of small swells from the SE but not much in the way of waves.

Lifeguard Academy was underway and I think that is Tiki who is closest to the front of the Harbor Patrol boat. Later I saw her running down the beach with her rescue can and fins. 



I was on my own today and decided to do an out and back along the Cal Poly Pier.  I wasn't sure how long this route was but it turned out fit in with my usual swim at 59 minutes and just under 2 miles.

Tom had been out earlier. I do not know where he swam but he guessed the water temperature at 52°. His toes are getting calibrated.

I heard from Jodi. She swam at 8:30 and did 3800M.


An art shot of the end of the CPP.

Looking at the Avila Pier from the CPP.

I was one or two degrees colder and bumpier at the end of the CPP.  On occasions it is also colder at the end of the Avila Pier. It must have something to do with the pilings causing currents that bring up the colder water from the bottom. 

Afterwards it was lovely on the beach and as I was gettin got my car I had a drive by from Duke. 

I'm back Tuesday morning at 8. I won't be able to swim on Thursday morning.

niel   


No comments: