Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thursday, September 29th, 2022

 Avila Loses It's Magic -

On my way to the beach there were areas of dense fog so I was hoping that the Avila Beach Weather Magic would be in and I'd be able to swim around Avila Rock today. I had no such luck. I swam a couple of laps of the buoy line and wandered all over the ocean just doing that.  

A view of the Avila Pier from the fourth buoy on the left side.
Trust me, it's there. The pier is a slightly darker line between the water and the fog.
Good luck finding the next buoy though.

The air temperature was 58° and the water 59°. There was no wind and the water was glassy, but, I couldn't see any red funk in this light but I tasted it several times on the east side of the pier. 
I know that I was unusually all over the water this morning but not this bad. 
I think my GPS was also lost in the fog.  

It looked like it was clearing with the sunrise when I got out at 8+ 
but Tom got in at 9:45 and it was still socked in.

Tom got in late and swam for 90 minutes. 

I'll be back Saturday at 7 and Sunday at 11.

niel 

No comments: