Thursday, October 27, 2022

Thursday, October 27th, 2022

I got in a bit after 7 this morning. It was clear with no clouds and a light offshore wind. The sunrise was going be beautiful. The air temp. was 44° and the water felt colder than Tuesday. I got in and pushed my swimming to get past the first shock and wound up never stopped until the first buoy on the east side of the Avila Pier where I took the water temp before heading for shore. I measured at water temp of 13°C/55.4°F which is fallish indeed. The water is nice and clean.  

I was too early for Tom or Sue to be there.

Tom's report -

56°, and choppy!  The air was crisp, and the skies were blue. Beautiful fall conditions.  excellent morning swim. 

I'll swim at 7 on Saturday and will use my winter wetsuit. Hopefully I won't spend as much time in the water thinking about the temperature and more about swimming.

niel

No comments: