Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Tuesday, October 18th, 2022

There was patchy fog in San Luis Obispo but Avila Beach was nice and clear with a slight offshore breeze. There wasn't any frost on the pumpkins but with an air temperature of 51° it definitly felt like fall. The water was colder as well at 14°C/57°F. I did an over to, down and back of the Cal Poly Pier.  I got in just before 7:00.


There were some nice clouds and contrails as the sun was coming up over Shell Beach.

I forgot to include this picture of Sylvia Glenn in Sunday's post about the Avila Sharkfest swim.  Sylvia swam with the Avila Dolphins for many years and taught me a lot of what I know about open water swimming. She has been swimming at Avila Beach since the 1960's (maybe the 50's?) and is still showing up!

 Tom's Report - 
Beautiful conditions today! Clear blue skies, glassy calm water. Another excellent October day of swimming. 

I'll get in on Thursday between 8:30 and 9.

niel 

No comments: