Saturday, May 27, 2023

Saturday, May 27th, 2023

Everybody Went Long Today - 

Jodi and Tom I. swam for about 90 minutes and did 4,000M. I swam for two hours and covered 5,251M. I wanted to go longer today and Jodi and Tom decided to join me. This was the longest and furthest swim any of us had done in some time, especially Jodi who seems to be almost fully recovered from her shoulder surgery.  The swimming conditions were ideal if you were OK with 52° water. It was calm and still but gray. The water was flat and glassy with an occasional set of swells that would make 2' - 3' breakers. 
We swam out, around the left buoys, to the end of CPP and in to the base of the pier at the shore. There were waves breaking against the rocks at the base of the pier so getting in close enough for a touch would of risked getting bounced off of the rocks so we stopped a bit short.
At the second crossbars on the way back out along the CPP Tom and Jodi pealed off towards the end of the Avila Pier while I continued to doubled back along our outbound route.      

Jodi, Tom I. and Niel at the second crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier.

I saw Tom I. and Jodi after I got out and we were all really happy with the start we had made on this weekend.  As I was leaving I saw and spoke with Tom Lorish as he was heading for the water. 

I'll do a shorter swim tomorrow at 11. 

niel 

Tom L's Saturday Morning Swim report: gray, calm, 52° water temperature. Good swimming. 





No comments: