Thursday, May 25, 2023

Thursday, May 25th, 2023

 

The swimming conditions were beautiful this morning. It was clear and sunny at Avila Beach at 7 AM. The air temp was 56° and would be about 65° by 9. The surf was one to two foot, there was a slight swell the water was glassy and the water temperature was down to 52°. The water temperature has been falling for a week so I'm hoping that it bottoms out soon. I'd switched back to my winter wetsuit for today and was glad of it.  As we were wading in Stephanie and I looked at each other and said "hey, the water is cold".

Stephanie and Niel got in at 7. We swam the buoy line, the end of the Avila Pier, the end of the CPP and to the second crossbars. From there Stephanie completed the circle to where we had gotten in for 3,200M. I doubled back along our route for 4,500M. It was very relaxing in the water this morning. 

Jodi, Tom I. and I will swim Saturday morning at 7.


niel

No comments: