Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023

 At seven o'clock Avila was grey and calm with perfect swimming conditions. The air temp was 54°, the water was 54.5°, the surf was 2 to 3 foot and there was a slight swell and puss out of the SE. The water is still very clear. There were plenty of Velella on the beach near the high tide line but I did not see any in the water.
With the high clouds I don't have the sun to navigate by but if there is no fog and a small swell I can keep my bearing by watching an object on the horizon. This morning I could see the light flash of the sand slide at the end of the beach near Guadalupe. As long as I it was in the same spot every time I breathed on the right I was still lined up with the end of the Avila Pier.       

I'm feeling the need for more distance so I did 4000M today.  

Looking back toward the Avila Pier.

niel

Tom's Tuesday morning swim report: I don't think I have anything new to say that Niel hasn't said in his report above ⬆️. Overcast and gray, smooth water, excellent swimming. End of report.   




No comments: