Thursday, February 11, 2021

Thursday, February 11, 2021

It was about 52 degrees, sunny and feeling surprisingly warm at Avila at 9 AM. There was no breeze, 2 to 3 foot surf breaking right on the shore, nice clear water and a little swell out of the SE. The water temperature was 52 degrees. Theresa arrived at 9 and Grace was expected at any moment so I went ahead and got started and would let the faster swimmers catch up. We did meet up at my second pass at the end of the Avila Pier and swam together to the mouth of San Luis Obispo Creek. I was done so from the creek mouth I headed back to the start and they headed towards the Cal Poly Pier. I didn't see Duke. 

I was prepared to change course if I encountered an funny tasting water near the mouth of the creek but there was no metallic taste to the water today. 





Theresa, a peek of Grace behind the edge of my 
goggles and myself at the end of the Avila Pier.

I'll swim Saturday AND Sunday morning at 8. Duke is giving us an extra half hour to sleep in because of Valentine's Day.  I didn't ask for details. 

Stephanie Pop will be joining me on Saturday and I expect Duke and Theresa will be there on Sunday. 

niel 

No comments: