Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021

 Avila had nice swimming conditions today. It was pretty flat and the surf was small. The morning offshore wind was just starting to pick up. It was sunny and the air temperature was 45°. The water is still stuck at 9.5°C/49°F. I have measured a sub 50 water temperature for nine swims over the past two weeks, which may be a record.  


I'm usually by myself on Tuesdays so I did a triangle on each side of the pier.  

Me at the end of the Avila Pier. Looking a bit chilled after an hour in the water.

I will collect water samples for my Blue Water Task Force program before I swim on Thursday so I'll be getting in about 8:30. 
Check out our weekly Central Coast water quality results at  

https://bwtf.surfrider.org/explore/34

niel  

No comments: