Saturday, May 7, 2022

Saturday, May 7th, 2022

 
Avila Beach at 7:45 this morning; sunny, no wind yet, glassy water, a 58° air temperature and a 53.5° water temperature and 2+ foot surf.  Very nice swimming conditions.
The conditions were good for a longer swim so I planned to do an out and back route to the second crossbars on the Cal Poly Pier. 
Tiki had gotten to the beach as I was swimming down the buoy line so she jumped in and swam to cut me off.  I bumped into (literally) her at the second crossbars and we swam the back loop of my route together. The wind was picking up during the last part of our swim and was getting gusty as we were getting ready to leave. 

Me and the youngest new Avila Beach Lifeguard at the end of the Cal Poly Pier!
She would be in Tower 1 at 11 today.  A big congratulations and a job well done.

I saw Tom's car so I know he was out there somewhere. 

Tiki and I will swim at 11 tomorrow.

niel



No comments: