Sunday, May 15, 2022

Sunday, May 15th, 2022


At 10:30 Avila was 60° and cool with no sun, white clouds with gray bottoms and a light wind. Not really shorts and t-shirt weather. The water was up to 53°, very clear and green colored. The breeze was out of the east and strong enough to put a small chop on the water. 

Tiki and I got in at 11 and swam down to Fossil Point. Tiki wanted to swim to the sea level cave on the cliff face. When we got close to the mouth of the cave she kept going so I followed her. The tide was high enough that we floated over the rocks and ended up sitting on the clean rocks in the cave. What a great spot! We swam back to the end of the Avila Pier and in.

As a first year lifeguard Tiki is working just Saturdays and had two rescue/assists yesterday. 

I wish I'd had my camera on today's swim but it flooded yesterday. That was my fourth Ricoh WD-70. They have been very reliable, lasting 3 years or so before they die by leak, a electronic failure or in one case, being flung out of my sweatshirt pocket to land hard on the street. I was ready to buy another one but first decided to browse the GoPro website and, well, they were having a $200 off sale on the GoPro10, so soon I will be able to shoot high definition video myself cliff diving off of Fossil Point and wrestling sharks.

I'll be back Tuesday morning at 8.


niel  

No comments: