Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thursday, May 26th, 2022

It was gray and spitting at Avila Beach this morning but the swimming conditions were great. There was no wind and the ocean's surface was glassy with a slight swell. The air temperature was 58° and the water temperature was holding up at 56.5°. 
I got in at 7ish and swam an out and back course that started with the end of the Avila Pier, then the end of the Cal Poly Pier, where the water was noticeably colder, and in all of the way to the rocks at the base of the pier and then back the way I came.

It was a bad day for technology for me. 

I didn't shoot any still photos this morning and experimented with shooting two videos, but my inexperience with the GoPro software resulted in the videos being deleted from the camera instead of transfered to the blog.  😖

and getting the plot of the swim uploaded required going into Garmin Express and updating that software, but I got that done so here it is. 


I spoke with Tom before he got in.

I'll swim at 8 on Saturday morning.

niel

No comments: